Offender Monitoring Solutions has teamed with Blow-and-Go Ignition Interlock and Guardian Interlock as their primary service provicders for ignition interlock devices. Blow-and-Go Ignition Interlock and Guardian are the leaders in their field. They offer the lowest overall price for ignition interlock installation and monitoring and have close to 200 ignition interlock service centers throuoghout the USA. Blow-and-Go can be reched at 1-877-DUI-BLOW or 1-877-384-2569
Below, you will find a list of reasons as to why we hav chosen to use these two comapnies. We know that you will agree that the product is the best on the market and the pricing cannot be beat.
After 20 years of experience in the BAIID industry, Guardian has developed the most advanced design in the industry. Easy–to–understand operating instructions, combined with a compact design, make participants more apt to use the AMS 2000 in a timely and accurate manner.
The AMS2000 features include:
- Auto Calibration – Three alcohol samples are delivered to the unit, from which the device auto calibrates, eliminating the need for the service center to manually adjust device calibration.
- Hum Tone – Requires the participant to hum into the device before taking the breath test. This helps thwart bogus air samples.
- Blow/Suck – Requires the participant to blow into the device and suck before taking the breath test. This technique helps thwart bogus air samples.(not all states require suck)
- On-Board Data Logger – A computer that records every interaction a participant has with his or her vehicle. Recorded interactions include activity, time, date, and BrAC level. The computer can store more than 12,000 separate events and display the content in a summary or detailed format.
- Memo Minder – A service calendar that uses audio and visual reminders to count the days between required scheduled appointments. If the participant misses his or her appointment, the service calendar disables the interlock device, preventing the car from starting.
- Circumvention Alarm – If the interlock device detects a bypass?or detects a failed rolling retest?the circumvention alarm will trigger the vehicle's horn until the vehicle is turned off.
- Rolling Retest – As a follow up to the initial breath test, this is the device's primary defense against circumvention. The test can be set to occur at fixed or random intervals. If a participant fails the test, the circumvention alarm will sound.
- Bypass Detection – An instrument that detects whether the vehicle is running. If a car is running, but the participant has not yet taken a breath test, the circumvention alarm will sound. The interlock device then enters a lockout state for a predetermined period.
- Power Interrupt – A record of when the vehicle's power has been disconnected or interrupted. This may occur if the participant tampers with the battery, repairs the battery, or replaces the battery. Participants are required to provide documentation of repairs.
- Violations Reset – A function that contains features from the Data Logger and the Memo Minder. If the device detects a violation from one of these features, it will automatically reset the Memo Minder, requiring the participant to come in for early service.
- Emergency Restart – In case of a vehicle stall, this feature allows the vehicle an emergency restart within one minute of shutdown.
- Variable Driving Privilege (VDP) – This feature can restrict an offender's driving abilities. It can be programmed to accept tests only during predetermined periods of the day.
- Coordinated Breath Pulse Access (CBPA) – A series of pauses and breaths that must be completed after the initial breath test. This is an advanced method for identifying a bogus air sample. ( only in certain cases)
The AMS 2000's advanced features include:
- Slightly larger than a standard cell phone
- Easy–to–hold hand set
- Compact size for space-restricted areas
- Reliable data logging
- Events, such as long–idle data and horn and light control, are captured in the handset.
- Enhanced anti–circumvention detection
- Refused rolling re–tests
- Long idle times
- Non-human breath sample attempts
- Filtered breath sample attempts
- Easy–connect USB capability allows for effortless downloading of events, without having to connect the base unit in the vehicle.
- A clear service reminder displays the number of days until service each time the interlock is turned on.
- Full training is provided to the participant upon each installation. Additionally, participants may call a toll-free number to access technical and service personnel.